Countdown to 7th August 2014
100th Anniversary of Historic Solution
to end Britain’s ‘crisis’, austerity & corruption
There is a deep malaise affecting our country – something is clearly not right. To catch a criminal, a good policeman will always tell you to follow the money and to ask, cui bono – who benefits?
The network of private central banks led by the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, have taken control of the world’s money supply to achieve global governance on their terms – hardly beneficial for the human race.
The way to ‘stop and reverse’ is to ask:
- Why doesn’t the British government through its Treasury issue debt- and interest-free money?
- Why do our politicians go to private bankers who create money out of thin air – as figures on a computer screen?
- When this ‘money’, or ‘nothingness’, is received by our government, why do we, as taxpayers, pay £50,000,000,000 interest a year?
Austin Mitchell MP, Chairman of the Forum for Stable Currencies has been tabling Early Day Motions since 2002 to this effect. In 2008, we submitted Green Credit for Green Purposes to the Treasury Select Committee.
In the US, this principle – a sovereign nation’s treasury issuing its own debt-free and interest-free money without going anywhere near the private central banks – was implemented by Abraham Lincoln in 1861 with his Greenback Dollars which secured the final victory for the North in the American Civil War.
“I have two enemies; the Southern army in front of me and the financial institutions in the rear. Of the two, the one in the rear is my greatest foe.” Abraham Lincoln
Fifty-three years later, in August 1914 at the outbreak of the First World War, the British Government passed an Act allowing the Treasury to issue debt-free and interest-free money that became known as Bradbury Pounds.
The Bradbury Pound was an emergency measure brought in by the then Chancellor of the Exchequer, David Lloyd George, to prevent a possible run on the banks, as people adjusted to the news about the outbreak of the Great War.
To read the full story of this virtually unknown historical precedent, go to www.ukcolumn.org and click on the Bradbury Pound campaign logo.
Other historic articles:
- Which Side are you on: Rothschilds (City) or Treasury (Westminster)?
- Warmongers, Newspapers and the Ruling Class [1891 – 1914]
- John Bradbury and Thomas Paine
Thanks to the publisher of the Cliff’s Edge Signalling Company, references to historic books:
- Niall Ferguson: The House of Rothschild: Money’s Prophets, 1798–1848 (ISBN 0-14-024084-5)
- Niall Ferguson: The House of Rothschild: The World’s Banker, 1849–1998 (ISBN 0-14-028662-4)
For further information, please contact Campaign Director Justin Walker at email@example.com
- TREASURY SELECT COMMITTEE has no plans to look into Bringing Back the Bradbury Pound (forumforstablecurrencies.info)
- BRING BACK the Bradbury Pound – interest-free – backed by Public Credit – issued by Treasury rather than Banks (moneyasdebt.wordpress.com)
- Why Support Banks That Make the People Poor? (richardavick.wordpress.com)
- FAUX AUSTERITY: Bring Back The Bradbury Pound (inquiringminds.cc)
- FW: [UK Column Newsletter] Bring Back The Bradbury Pound – Peter L. (inquiringminds.cc)
- THE PEOPLE’s ASSEMBLY against Austerity: nearly 4,000 registered this Saturday Central London (forumnews.wordpress.com)